Are you a klutz, or just seem to suffer from a bad case of butter fingers regardless of whether you’re holding your own precious device or belongings of others? For folks who have experienced the pain of dropping their notebooks with a resounding crash onto the floor, might we suggest you take a look at the new Durabook range of notebooks that will definitely be drop-friendly. After all, GammaTech’s Durabook line of rugged notebooks have been certified to be Military 810F compliant by meeting and exceeding standards for drop, shock and spill resistance, and all these without compromising on features that professionals require in order to get the work done. Even better, the prices have not been raised significantly, so you’re able to get your work done without blowing the office budget.
The Durabook line of notebook computers will all be Intel Core 2 Duo-powered, where this platform can then be added with more customizable options that will suit your computing needs. Despite being tough, you can throw the notion out of the window for rugged notebooks which are large and bulky, as Durabooks come in a slim, lightweight design without sacrificing on system performance and compromising on functionality. According to GammaTech President, Steven Gau, “Priced at an average of hundreds to thousands of dollars less than competing industrial notebooks, Durabook truly provides the toughness and functionality mobile professionals need at an affordable price. DURABOOK is born to stretch your budget, tough enough for the real world and provides new business opportunities during this tough economy. With DURABOOK, all mobile professionals can enjoy notebook protection strong enough for military personnel, healthcare professionals, contractors, federal and state employees, and corporate road warriors.”
Features include :-
- Magnesium alloy casing for concussion protection (20 times stronger than ABS plastic)
- Anti-shock material around the LCD display and hard disk drive
- Spill-resistant C-Face design around keyboard, touchpad, speakers, wireless and power switches
- Disk drive lock to prevent unintentional tray and disc ejection
- DURABOOK notebooks come in multiple series including semi-rugged D-series, fully rugged R-series and fully rugged M-series for healthcare professionals (Mobile Clinical Assistant technology)