Olympus is more often than not famous for their line of shockproof and waterproof digital cameras from the mju series, and this time round the company has rolled out their latest addition to the family – the µ-7010. This newest addition to the family will come with an impressive 7x wide optical zoom lens packed into a decent body . Olympus proves yet again that form and function can co-exist together in harmony, where this ultra-slim model also comes with Dual IS for better and sharper images even though you’re trying to take a picture in the cold, shivering all over your body due to a lack of warmth. Other modes on this delectable consumer level digital camera include AF tracking and i-Auto mode, where the latter specifically targets beginners to digital photography as it helps make the most suitable mode selection at point of shooting.
You will find the following system specifications on the new Olympus µ-7010 to drool over :-
- Exceptional 7x wide optical zoom (28-196mm) in a slim metal body to capture great scenes through to exciting close-ups
- 6.9cm/2.7? HyperCrystal II LCD for excellent preview even in brilliant sunlight and at extreme angles (230,000 dots)
- 12 Megapixels to make poster-size prints
- The easy way to perfect images ? Intelligent Auto Mode (i-Auto) detects the five most commonly used scenes and adjusts settings, focus and exposure automatically
- Advanced Face Detection of up to 16 persons for perfectly focused and exposed faces plus correct exposure of other image areas
- Sharp photos wherever your subject moves thanks to AF tracking
- Spice up your pictures with built-in Magic Filters
- TruePic III image processor for faster image handling and higher image quality
- Liven up your memories with movie recording with sound (up to VGA resolution at 30fps)
- xD-Picture Card and microSD Card compatible
Avoids blur thanks to Dual Image Stabilization
Available later this August in Starry Silver, Titanium Grey and Candy Pink colors, the Olympus µ-7010 will be going for £249.